Mouse Tutti (poo) Found In Chutney Containers – Mugal E Shahi Closed Down

0

Ah leh chack try our new chutney they said.  Unfortunately for the owners of Mugal E Shahi and fortunately for the public the restaurant in The Rushes, Loughborough has been closed down, reports the Leicester Mercury.

The Mugal E Shahi restaurant has been shut down after food safety officers found it in a filthy condition during a routine inspection. Officials found the Mugal E Shahi in Loughborough to be in such a state that that they issued an emergency closure order.

Charnwood Borough Council served the curry house, in The Rushes, with a hygiene emergency prohibition notice last week forcing it to shut immediately.

  • Officers found that measures to stop rodents entering the premises were inadequate
  • No active pest control contract was not in place.
  • Mouse droppings were found throughout the premises including in a bag of ready-to-eat pickles and chutney containers
  • Mould was also found in the chiller at the restaurant, which is now shut
  • The overall standard of hygiene was very poor
  • Discovered filthy conditions inside the chiller including mould growing on shelves
  • Dirty fans blowing onto open food in the chiller.
  • Dirty cleaning cloths were also found.
The council officers considered that there was an imminent risk of injury to the public. The court also ordered the business to pay £1,000 costs.

Leicester Magistrates’ Court agreed with the actions of the officers during a hearing on October 29 and issued a Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Order, prohibiting the premises from opening until there is no longer an imminent risk of injury posed by the state of the premises.

Following the case, councillor Margaret Smidowicz, lead member for regulatory services at the council said: “Businesses who serve food to the public need to ensure they understand and follow the rules around food hygiene and safety as they are there to protect people’s health.

“I’m pleased the courts agreed with the actions of our officers and that the restaurant will not be able to operate again until improvements have been made and there are no health risks to their customers.

“I hope this is a reminder to all food businesses in the borough that we take food hygiene and safety very seriously and we will not hesitate to take action if we think there is a risk to the general public.” Read the full story here via the Leicester Mercury.

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply

error: Content is protected !!