Updated: Richmond RCMP has released a photo of an alleged sex offender, in a bid to encourage other victims to come forward.
The Richmond News reported last month how Satvir Singh Sanghera, 49, was charged with a catalogue of sex offences against vulnerable women and females in the sex trade.
Earlier this week, the BC Prosecution Service approved 14 charges against 49-year-old Satvir Singh Sanghera. Satvir Singh is from Richmond (Vancouver) and has been charged with a catalogue of sex offences against vulnerable women and females in the sex trade.
The charges include: sexual assault, administering a noxious substance, assault, theft, fraud, obtaining sexual services for consideration, transmitting intimate images of a person without consent and possession of child pornography.
The current charges are related to incidents which are largely historical in nature, according to police.
The case against Sanghera dates back to August 2018, when the Richmond RCMP Serious Crimes Unit began an investigation into an individual suspected of committing sex-related crimes.
“This investigation has led to several victims coming forward and it is alleged Mr. Sanghera targets vulnerable women and sex workers,” said lead investigator Const. Kenneth Lau.
Sanghera has been placed on several conditions which include:
- Not to attend public parks, swimming pools or community centres where there may be people under the age of 18.
- Not to engage in work or volunteer activities where there may be people under the age of 18;
- He is to have no contact or be alone with persons who are reasonably believed to be under the age of 18;
- He is to have no contact or communication with any sex trade agency or be alone with anyone who reasonably appears to be engaged in sex work;.
- He is not to be alone with any woman who he knows to be, or appears to be impaired by alcohol, drugs or other intoxicating substances.
Sanghera’s next court appearance is scheduled for Jan. 15, 2020.
Make sure you check out Daily Ent Xpress daily, for the latest Punjabi songs, news, food and entertainment news. Be sure to like us Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram to be ahead of the game with everything Punjabi!
Check out our latest trending Punjabi news story: