Sidhu & Fashakin Fight In Court As Guilty Verdicts Are Read Out Over Uxbridge Road Murder


Juskiran Sidhu and Babatunde Fashakin shot Hashim Ali to death in Hayes (in a case that the judge believed to be drug related) fought in the dock after the judge sentenced them both to life imprisonment, with a minimum of 30 years in jail.

Babatunde Fashakin, 26, and 28-year-old Juskiran Sidhu were found guilty of murdering 22-year-old Hashim following a trial at the Old Bailey .

During the trial the court was told how Hashim Ali was shot in the heart as he sat trapped in the passenger seat of his friend Mohammed Ali’s Mercedes C300.

Fashakin bit his lip as Judge Nigel Lickley QC told the pair they would both receive a minimum of 30 years in prison before they could be considered for parole and that, even if they were released, they would still remain on licence.

Once the judge had finished speaking, Fashakin lunged at Sidhu in the dock, punching him in the face repeatedly and shouting: “You are a coward”. This led to court security officers having to restrain both men and then pushing Fashakin up against the dock glass. Sidhu was then led away! A member of the public could be heard saying: “That’s justice bro.”

Killers decided on ‘assassination’ in ‘less than 50 seconds’
Judge Lickley concluded that Hashim was shot as part of an “ongoing feud” which was “undoubtedly based on drug dealing.”

He noted that the crime was made more serious by the fact Hashim was shot in public, “in broad daylight” and close to the busy Uxbridge Road.

He described how the pair would have made the decision to carry out what he considered an “assassination” very quickly after seeing MrAli drive past with Hashim, estimating it was “less than 50 seconds”.

He said: “You walked with purpose, with your hoods up. He was unable to defend himself, trapped by his position in the car. You ambushed him and shot him in a ruthless and brutal act of violence.”

The judge concluded that Sidhu was the gunman based on the fact that video footage shows him “overtake Fashakin” so that he was the first to reach the car.

Sidhu was also the first to dispose of his clothes after the murder, which Judge Lickley said “could only have been because [he]believed the clothes were contaminated” by evidence of gunfire.

Fashakin removed his clothes later and the pair purchased matching tracksuits and went to the cinema to hide. The judge described how Sidhu re-enacted his crime in front of friends, in the proximity of members of the public, and that Fashakin was unmoved.

Judge Lickley said: “You showed no emotion or sign of anxiety. When Sidhu demonstrated the shooting to a friend, you did not react because you knew precisely what had happened.”

The judge therefore concluded that, though he did not fire the gun, Fashakin was “party to the agreement to shoot and kill” as the pair “worked as a team”.

He also determined, from the fact that neither man has “any means of supporting their life”, that they are “part of an organised drug operation” and that this was a “dispute between criminal organisations which spilled on to the streets of London”.

Both men were on the run until they were arrested in Birmingham. Sidhu was arrested on October 13 at a hotel, whereas Fashakin was arrested at student accommodation on November 6


About Author

Leave A Reply

error: Content is protected !!