Liverpool’s Uefa Champions League defeat of Barcelona was the most popular video on YouTube for UK users in 2019, the video-sharing platform has revealed.
This year’s top-trending videos feature a mix of sporting moments, as well as a feud between YouTubers, and TV highlights from The Late Late Show with James Corden and Britain’s Got Talent.
Best bits of the 4-0 Liverpool-Barcelona game, posted by BT Sport, has attracted more than 9.8 million views globally since being posted in May.
Make-up and beauty YouTube personality James Charles came second with his No More Lies video, a response to fellow YouTuber Tati Westbrook.
In the music-only category for the UK, British rapper Stormzy’s music video for Vossi Bop takes the top spot, with Sam Smith, Billie Eilish and Ariana Grande also among the highest-trending.
Meanwhile, Strictly Come Dancing’s Dianne Buswell has been named the number one breakout creator, based on UK subscribers.
Top 10 trending videos (UK views)
- Liverpool vs Barcelona (4-0), Uefa Champions League Highlights, BT Sport
- No More Lies, James Charles
- Sidemen Tinder In Real Life 2, Sidemen
- Conspiracy Theories with Shane Dawson, Shane
- The Most Unbelievable Scenes In Football History?!, Leeds Let Villa Score After Controversial Goal!, Sky Sports Football
- Make This Video The Most Liked Video On Youtube, MrBeast
- The David Beckham Statue Prank, The Late Late Show with James Corden
- Comedian Kojo Gets Simon’s Golden Buzzer, Auditions, BGT 2019, Britain’s Got Talent
- Ending It All, KSI
- Gordon Ramsay Savagely Critiques Spicy Wings, Hot Ones First We Feast
Top 10 trending music videos
- Stormzy – Vossi Bop
- Sam Smith, Normani – Dancing With A Stranger
- Billie Eilish – Bad Guy
- Ariana Grande – 7 Rings
- Lil Nas X – Old Town Road (Remix)
- Wiley, Sean Paul, Stefflon Don – Boasty
- Mist – So High
- Calvin Harris, Rag’n’Bone Man – Giant
- Ed Sheeran – Take Me Back To London (Sir Spyro Remix)
- Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello – Señorita